4/9/14

GHOUL Outfit - DIR EN GREY Inspired

After seeing Kyo's magnificent makeup and costume for DIR EN GREY's "GHOUL" tour, I knew I had to try it out on my own. I wasn't able to attend the tour, so I thought it could be a nice way to remember the wonderful imagery that I had seen online~

First, I outlined for a base. This was practice to make sure I knew where to apply the makeup. On the second round, I got right to the makeup. It took me about 2 hours to do this full outfit, as i'm not experienced with this sort of makeup.

I used black liquid eyeliner for everything bold, followed by black eyeshadow where necessary. I also "shadowed" the eyeliner parts with grey eyeshadow for effect. For the skeletal and eyeball area, it includes white makeup. Contacts are also worn~
For the cloak, it's simple black translucent fabric worn as a cloak, along with some horns I made, claws, and spiked rings.




No comments:

Post a Comment